At Dragonfly, we aspire to be the fastest, easiest, and most scalable in-memory datastore. The most popular solutions used by engineers today were created nearly 15+ years ago: we’re here to bring in-memory datastores to the modern cloud.
Dragonfly is fast. Designed from the ground up to support millions of QPS and hundreds of GB of in-memory workloads, with 25x performance improvements and 30% more memory efficient than competitors. Best of all, it’s easy to use and scale with, eliminating the need for complex cluster configurations. It’s fully compatible with Redis and Memcached APIs making it dead simple to migrate over, and its async, multi-threaded design allows it to be more versatile and robust than other Redis engines.
In <5 months since launching, we’ve achieved 15k+ stars on Github and have built an active community of passionate developers, but we’re just getting started. Dragonfly is a disruptive project with an ambitious technical roadmap, and it requires an experienced developer advocate to communicate its innovative approach for memory stores. A developer advocate who can inspire, equip, and grow our community of developers to build the next generation of amazing real time applications on top of Dragonfly.
Join us in our mission to shape the future of in-memory datastores by providing a well-designed, ultra-fast, and cost-effective solution for cloud workloads. Together we will enable the software development community to reach its full potential and accelerate human innovation.
- Play a central role in evangelizing Dragonfly to the tech community
- Craft resources - coding examples, guides, articles, presentations, and content - to highlight the benefits of Dragonfly and to grow and foster our developer community for new and existing users.
- Develop relationships and foster trust with your counterparts in the community, including partner advocates and influencers, and evangelize Dragonfly at conferences and meetups
- Continuously engage with engineering to provide feedback on Dragonfly’s end-to-end developer experience.
- Act as a subject matter expert on topics such as memory stores, databases, real-time applications and cloud-native development.
- Measure the impact of your activities, and use data to iterate on your roadmap.
This is a high-impact role in the company where you will have the autonomy to work across the team to ensure maximal success. This will be our first US-based hire, and as such we expect you to play a core role in building out our US presence and team.
- Hands-on experience in creating content with code in various formats such as videos, live streams, and blogs, as well as with developer-centric channels such as Twitter, Youtube, Discord, Stackoverflow, Reddit, Hacker News, and Dev.to.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly with proficiency in written and oral English, along with examples of work that demonstrates your ability to simplify complex concepts for developers.
- Ability to build simple NodeJs / python / golang applications with knowledge of at least one popular framework.
- Passion for developer experience, social engagement, and fostering relationships in developer communities.
- Creativity, curiosity, wit, humor, and a sense of collaboration in your creative process.
- Knowledge of Redis and Redis-related frameworks in any language is a strong plus.
- 5-10+ years of experience. This hire will play a significant role in the direction of Dragonfly’s development, and the experience level and commensurate responsibilities can be flexible to accommodate the abilities of the candidate.
Benefits of becoming a Dragon
- High Ownership: We are a small and nimble team relative to the developer traction we are receiving, and as such each employee will have significant responsibility and impact to the company. We want you to have a high level or ownership, and we want to help you grow in your personal and professional goals
- Generous Compensation and Benefits: We offer competitive salaries and equity, full health benefits, equipment, and more.