Dragonfly is looking for a Developer Advocate to serve as the founding member of the Developer Relations function. Dragonfly is a revolutionary new in-memory database that offers 15X the performance of legacy technologies, such as Redis. While the company is less than a year old, Dragonfly has already gained a lot of developer attention(15K Github stars), and this role has the opportunity to build on and scale that momentum.
Your job will be to make sure that developers around the world are aware of DragonflyDB, the problems it solves for them, and have access to resources that will allow them to get up and running as quickly as possible. This is a high-impact, founding role in a company that is aiming to disrupt an extremely large market. You will have the autonomy to lead initiatives and work across teams to ensure maximum impact.
Join us in our mission to shape the future of in-memory datastores by providing a well-designed, ultra-fast, and cost-effective solution for cloud workloads. Together we will enable the software development community to reach its full potential and accelerate human innovation.
- Build community - this includes engaging on social media, forums, and events, and more.
- Create content - create and distribute unique, engaging content covering technical topics relating to Dragonfly and related use cases. Formats for content will include blog posts, technical guides, example apps, social media posts, and workshops and talks for both in-person and virtual events.
- Act as a subject matter expert on topics such as memory stores, databases, real-time applications and cloud-native development.
- Measure the impact of your activities, and use data to iterate on your roadmap.
- Engage continuously with engineering to provide feedback on Dragonfly’s end-to-end developer experience.
- A deep understanding of the modern database landscape, key use cases, and where they fit in to the developer workflow.
- Experience building developer communities from the ground up.
- Experience creating high-quality technical content across multiple mediums.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment (this is an early stage startup!).
- Ability to build simple NodeJs / python / golang applications with knowledge of at least one popular framework.
- Knowledge of Redis and Redis-related frameworks in any language is a strong plus.